Marlborough, first called Monadnock No. 5, was granted in 1752 but was not settled until the Revolutionary War period. It was incorporated in 1776, taking its name from the Massachusetts community that was the home of its early settlers.
There once was an important granite industry here. Stone from this town was used in fine Boston buildings, at Holy Cross College in Worcester, Mass., and locally. Blankets and woodenware, including toys, have been manufactured here.
Today, Marlborough is a residential suburban community, a town of hills and beautiful vistas of Mount Monadnock. It attracts the attention of summer tourists and vacationers.
Videos :click on the video title to open the player