Granted in 1736 as Rowley-Canada, and in 1749 as Monadnock No. 1, Rindge was chartered in 1768 and renamed in honor of Daniel Rindge, a member of the N.H. Provincial Council.
Historically, Rindge has been an agricultural community, although its soil is very rocky. It became an educational center after Franklin Pierce College was established in 1962, and is renowned as home of the outdoor Cathedral of the Pines. The 1796 Congregational church and meeting house in the village is one of the largest in northern New England.
Videos :click on the video title to open the player